Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds
Second Tuesday of the month - Noon -- SSOM
The Department of Emergency Medicine Grand Rounds provides learning opportunities and strategies to improve knowledge base for a wide variety of emergency medicine topics. Participants will acquire skills and strategies that will enhance their clinical practice and therefore benefit the profession of emergency medicine and patient care.
Eligible for AMA PRA Category 2 creditTM
Physicians who view presentation videos can self-report the education as AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM.
Calculate credit earned based on you participation time with 60 minutes of participation equal to one (1) AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM. Credit is claimed in 15 minute (0.25 credit) increments and physicians must round to the nearest quarter hour.
AMA PRA Category 1 credit TM can only be earned by attending the live presentations of this activity.
VIEW VIDEO RECORDING OF PRESENTATION:
Videos are categorized below by presentation date. To view a video recording:
- Click on "VIDEO" for that presentation.
- Portal login will then be required.
- Videos are recorded on a timer system. As a result, video may not start immediately when the media player opens.
- You can click and slide the progress bar forward slightly to bypass any dead space.
Presentations may include copyrighted materials provided for the personal educational use of conference attendees and may not be further redistributed.
- Evidence-Based Evaluation & Treatment of Carotid Stenosis - Video Part 1 (begins at 18:00) Video Part 2
- Clinical Research Database (CRDB) - Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Eye Exam Helps Direct the Diagnosis in These Cases in the ER - Video Part 1 (begins at 15:15) Video Part 2
- Evidence-Based Medicine: A Practical Approach for Clinicians - Video Part 1 (begins 8:00) Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- MRI Safety Update - December 10, 2013 -- VIDEO
- Starting a New Residency - August 13, 2013 -- VIDEO