Surgery Grand Rounds
Wednesday at 7:00am -- SSOM
The Department of Surgery Grand Rounds offers a topic each week targeting a different general surgery area. Focus will include newer and established techniques, procedures, and approaches; hospital outcomes data and the surgeon's role in the improvement process for infection control, healthcare costs, morbidities, safety, length of stay, and resource allocation. The goal of these offerings is to provide healthcare professionals with enhanced knowledge as well as new abilities/strategies that will lead to modified practice and improved patient outcomes.
Eligible for AMA PRA Category 2 creditTM
Physicians who view presentation videos can self-report the education as AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM.
Calculate credit earned based on you participation time with 60 minutes of participation equal to one (1) AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM. Credit is claimed in 15 minute (0.25 credit) increments and physicians must round to the nearest quarter hour.
AMA PRA Category 1 credit TM can only be earned by attending the live presentations of this activity.
VIEW VIDEO RECORDING OF PRESENTATION:
Videos are categorized below by presentation date. To view a video recording:
- Click on "VIDEO" for that presentation.
- Portal login will then be required.
- Video recording is done in half-hour segments. For each one-hour presentation, "Video Part 1" is the first half-hour and "Video Part 2" is the second half-hour.
- Videos are recorded on a timer system. As a result, video may not start immediately when the media player opens.
- You can click and slide the progress bar forward slightly to bypass any dead space.
Presentations may include copyrighted materials provided for the personal educational use of conference attendees and may not be further redistributed.
- Alcohol Inhabitants Osteopontin Induced Expression of Transforming Growth Factor-β1 in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Implications for Fracture Healing in Intoxicated Patients - February 12, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- How a Surgeon Assesses Complex Problems - September 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- The Anastomosis - October 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- The Art of Beauty: An Overview - December 4, 2013 Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- The Future of Burn Scar Rehabilitation - December 11, 2013 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Update in Breast Cancer - January 8, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Burn Care - State of the Art & Novel Treatment Aspects - September 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery - June 4, 2013: Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Surgical Critical Care Nutrition Guideline Review September 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Educating the Millennial Surgeon - March 12, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- ERAS - What Really Matters - October 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Medical Management of Inflammatory Bowel Disease - October 16, 2013 VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2
- ICD-10: The Basics - February 5, 2014 VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2
- Establishing the Basic Principles of Civilian and Military Injury Care - March 19, 2014 VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Delivering Safe Surgical Care - April 16, 2014 - VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2 VIDEO Part 3
- Surgical Metamorphosis: Preparing for Change - March 5, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Lemon Juice and Optimism Bias - How We Make Mistakes - November 5, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension in Children - February 19, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Current Management of Primary and Recurrent Rectal Cancer - October 2, 2013 Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- New Approaches to Repair and Regeneration - May 7, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Sepsis - November 19, 2013 Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Quality & Patient Safety at LUHS: Where are we - Where we need to be - January 15, 2014 Video Part 1 Video Part 2