Congratulations to the entering Class of 2020! We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Below you will find links to important information regarding your pre-matriculation and orientation. It is important you review the information carefully, as you are responsible for all deadlines and requirements specified in the links below. If you have any questions, please contact the specific office. Please check this website once a week, as information here will be updated as it comes in.
- Welcome Letter
- Pre-matriculation Checklist
- 2016 Student Health Letter
- "Fast Track" or waive out of through LOCUS by October 1st
- For questions, please contact Marianne Laff, APN at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACE Letter 2016
- CALL Lab Orientation Letter 2016
- Facebook Group
- Iggy's List
- Stritch's List
- Graduate Student Housing Flyer
- Financial Aid
- Hines Veterans Administration Information
UPDATE: If you would like to have access to the Health and Fitness Center from day 1 of orientation, please fill out this form: Health and Fitness Center Form. If you do not fill this out prior to orientation, you will have to visit the fitness center during orientation week to sign up with them separately.
NEW: If you would like to be able to use the Fitness Center before orientation, there's a new perk! See July Early Fitness Perk! for more info.
NEW: Special PCM-1 Small Group opportunity! Please see program information here: ICARE 8 PCM-1 recruitment letter. If you're interested in applying to be in this small group, please see application questions here: ICARE 8 application. Applications and any questions about the ICARE 8 PCM group can be directed to Amy Buchanan, MD at email@example.com.
NEW: Stritch Sneak Peek-MCBG! You all should have received an email from Josh Hopps, PhD inviting you to check out a sneak peek of your first class at Stritch, MCBG. We did this to give you an idea of how classes at Stritch are structured and some of the course content. Feel free to go through the site at your convenience to help prepare for beginning medical school. If you have any questions about this, please contact any of the staff in ACE: Josh Hopps (firstname.lastname@example.org), Tonja Killingham (email@example.com), or Tina Calcagno (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PLEASE NOTE: Diagnostic equipment and stethoscope will be provided by the PCM-I course, and is already included in your tuition package. Therefore, there is no need to secure diagnostic equipment, i.e., stethoscope, otoscope, etc., before arriving at Stritch. Further information will be given during orientation week.
- Cubs/Sox game will be on Tuesday, July 26. NEW: RSVP here: Cubs/Sox Game RSVP form
- Annual Stritch Day of Service RSVP
- Held Saturday, July 30th
- For questions regarding the Day of Service, contact CCGH at email@example.com or 708-216-6318 or HSD Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-216-3245
- JUMP Retreat RSVP
- Held on Wednesday, July 20th to Thursday, July 21st
- See email from Pauline Villapando for additional information.
- Contact Pauline Villapando at email@example.com with any questions.
Orientation week will occur July 25 - July 29, 2016. Please plan on being present at all events throughout the week as they are mandatory for all incoming medical students. The updated schedule for orientation week is available here: Orientation Schedule--Updated 7/19. *Please note* You should have received an email on July 13th with your group assignment for orientation. If you did not receive it, please contact Catherine Jardien (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out your group number.
On the first day of orientation, you will be assigned to one of three communities, where you will have a mailbox and a locker. Please bring a combination or key lock with you for your locker.
- For questions pertaining to Family Weekend and White Coat Ceremony, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 708-216-3220.
- Family Weekend Flyer