The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) coordinates a peer tutoring program staffed by select graduate students, medical students, residents and fellows. Tutoring services are free of charge to Stritch School of Medicine students.
- How Do I Know If I Need A Tutor?
- Limited or no prior knowledge of the course material
- Non-science undergraduate major
- Some difficulty understanding how knowledge is structured in a particular subject area
- Difficulty identifying relationships between major concepts
- Sense of being lost in the details
- Problems imposing meaningful organization of the material
- Request a tutor
Please go to myLUMEN and click on Request a Tutor
- How Do I Apply To Become A Tutor?
The ACE is continuously looking for individuals who are interested in tutoring. If you have a solid understanding of one or more of the courses listed below and would like to share that knowledge with your fellow students, kindly consider applying:
- Pharm and Therapeutics
- USMLE Step 1 Prep
- Interested students must submit a Tutor Application Form. Tutors can either volunteer their time or receive compensation.
- Who Should I Contact For More Information?
Tina Calcagno - Program Coordinator
Theresa Simantirakis, MS - Wellness Coordinator and Academic Support Advisor