Psychiatry Grand Rounds
Thursday at Noon - SSOM
The Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds offers a topic each week targeting a different area of psychiatry for adults and adolescents. Participants will gain expertise in considering treatment options, the neuroscience underlying medication effects, side effect profiles, weigh out risks/benefits and choose best agents appropriately, and understand the impact of novel psychotropics. The goal of these offerings is to provide healthcare professionals with enhanced knowledge as well as new abilities/strategies that will lead to modified practice and improved patient outcomes.
Eligible for AMA PRA Category 2 creditTM
Physicians who view presentation videos can self-report the education as AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM.
Calculate credit earned based on you participation time with 60 minutes of participation equal to one (1) AMA PRA Category 2 credit TM. Credit is claimed in 15 minute (0.25 credit) increments and physicians must round to the nearest quarter hour.
AMA PRA Category 1 credit TM can only be earned by attending the live presentations of this activity.
VIEW VIDEO RECORDING OF PRESENTATION:
Videos are categorized below by presentation date. To view a video recording:
- Click on "VIDEO" for that presentation.
- Portal login will then be required.
- Video recording is done in half-hour segments. For each one-hour presentation, "Video Part 1" is the first half-hour and "Video Part 2" is the second half-hour.
- Videos are recorded on a timer system. As a result, video may not start immediately when the media player opens.
- You can click and slide the progress bar forward slightly to bypass any dead space.
Presentations may include copyrighted materials provided for the personal educational use of conference attendees and may not be further redistributed.
- Aldosterone: The Forgotten Stress Hormone: Its Role in Major Depression - October 3, 2013 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Collateral Damage: Impace of Adverse Events on Clinicians - March 27, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Exploring Mechanisms of Alcohol-Induced Brain Damage: Neuroinflammatory Cascades and Protection by Fish Oil - December 11, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Integration of Behavioral Health and and Behavioral Medicine Oriented Services into the Primary Care Setting - April 25, 2013 - VIDEO Part 1 VIDEO Part 2 VIDEO Part 3
- Affective Symptoms Associated with Corticosteroid Therapy: A Case Report -- Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Treating Childhood Behavioral Problems from the Inside Out - May 30, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Coordinating Care for Disruptive and Challenging Patients - June 5, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Chemo Brain - A Neurologic Side Effect of Chemotherapy - June 12, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Forced Terminations of the Doctor-Patient Relationship -- December 5, 2013: Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Transitioning Stable Methadone Maintenance Patients to Buprenorphine Maintenance -- January 16, 2014 -Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Epigenetics and Gene Regulation; Implications for Psychiatric Illness - September 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Neuropsychology and Oncology Part 1: Role in Care of Brain - Tumor Patients - March 13, 2014: Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- An Ounce of Prevention: Can We Prevent Mental Illness Before it Starts? February 5, 2013: Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Patient Centered Therapy - January 30, 2014: Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Pain: Concepts and Conundrums - April 10, 2014: Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Defining Professionalism in the Digital Age: Barriers and Opportunities - September 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Dilemmas of Evidence Based Psychopharmacology - November 13, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- The Relationship between Substance Abuse and Gambling: Implications for Treatment - December 12, 2013 -Video Part 1 Video Part 2 Video Part 3
- Why Can't we be Friends? Legal and Ethical Dimensions of Social Media in Health Care - February 27, 2014 -Video Part 1 Video Part 2
- Diagnosing and Treating Sexual Dysfunctions - April 17, 2014 - Video Part 1 Video Part 2