Mission & Goals
Central to our diversity initiatives is our recognition that the positive effects of diversity do not automatically accrue from a simple focus on numerical representations of various populations within our learning environment. Rather, the benefits of diversity are produced through carefully structured policies and programs that are designed to embed equity and inclusion throughout all aspects of our learning environment.
As such, the mission of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is to promote inclusiveness and enrich the work and learning environment for all students, faculty, trainees, and staff by implementing a comprehensive strategic plan that centers around three goals:
- Attract –Recruit a community of talented students, faculty, and staff that is inclusive of unique perspectives and backgrounds and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve
- Educate – Provide thought leadership and training on critical diversity issues to increase awareness of unconscious bias, and integrate cultural competence and health disparities in curriculum and professional development of students, faculty, and residents
- Develop – Inspire diverse individuals of exceptional promise to become leaders and innovators in medicine by supporting opportunities for advancement and creating a nurturing an environment where all are given the tools to thrive
ODI programing centers around three core areas:
- Recruitment and Retention
- Training, Education, and Development
- Accountability and Evaluation
By embedding diversity and inclusion as core values of our institution we aim to strengthen the Stritch mission of leadership, service, and learning.