Admission to the program will be determined by an admissions committee made up of faculty. The committee will assess the candidacy of each applicant, taking the entire application into consideration. Admission requirements shall be applied equitably to individual applicants regardless of age, sex, race, disability, religion or national origin.
The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications from December through April and invites selected candidates to interview.
We strongly encourage applications as early as possible, as there are a limited number of positions, and we review applications in the order they are received.
Admissions decisions are based upon the following criteria:
- Applicants must have completed or are in the process of completing the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate majors in the sciences are strongly preferred.
- Applicants should demonstrate a clear interest and competence in science through their successful completion of undergraduate courses in biology and chemistry (or related science disciplines), as measured by grades, through laboratory-based research experiences, and through a well-written and enthusiastic statement of purpose.
- Applicants are reviewed holistically meaning we review all parts of the application to determine admission. We do not list specific GPA and GRE requirements. Student should address potential weaknesses within the application as a small component of their statement of purpose.
- Students who show clear evidence of research potential will be given the highest priority for admission.
- Only applicants with a completed application will be reviewed.
In many cases, applicants will be notified of the admission decision soon after the interview. If you do not reply to our letter of acceptance by April 15, the Graduate School has the discretion to rescind the offer of admission. Loyola University is a member of the Council of Graduate Schools and subscribes to its agreement regarding this reply date. If your application is received and considered after April 15, and if a letter of acceptance is sent to you for the Fall semester of that year, your reply may be expected within a limited, specified time frame, after which the Graduate School has the discretion to rescind the offer of admission.
Contact the Loyola University Chicago Student Program Recruiter with any questions:
Karla Navarro-Vega | email@example.com | (708)216-3531