Application Requirements for International Students
To be accepted for graduate study, students must have completed a U.S. equivalent of a Baccalaureate degree and/or coursework in relevant sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry, microbiology) from an accredited university or college. For starter, applicants must submit a complete application online (free) with no application fee.
List of Applying Materials
- The TOEFL exam score. For the TOEFL, a minimum score of 79 on the iBT, or a 550 on the written test is required. Note: scores are valid for two years from the test date. Students receiving less than a passing score on the exam may be required to take ESL (English as a Second Language) courses given by Loyola University.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
All transcripts must be evaluated by the Education Credential Evaluators (https://www.ece.org/) and the evaluation must be included with the application.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Prior laboratory research experience/publication
- Personal statement describing why you wish to enter into our program
- Three letters of recommendation
Application Mailing Address
Graduate Enrollment Management
820 N. Michigan Avenue
Lewis Towers, Suite 800
Chicago, Illinois 60611
Only complete application files will be evaluated.
Admission to the Program will be determined by a faculty admissions committee. The committee will assess the candidacy of each applicant, taking the entire application into consideration. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate a strong commitment to research. Candidates will be interviewed, typically over the phone.
Once an international student has been admitted, the Office for International Programs will provide advising and support services to Loyola’s international community of F-1 students, J-1 students and scholars, H-1B employees and Permanent Residents.
We welcome applications from Vietnamese nationals via the Vietnam Education Foundation Fellowship Program. Please refer to the Program Announcement on the Vietnam Education Foundation website.
Click the below links to view the program brochures: