Family Medicine Interest Group
The mission of the Family Medicine Interest Group (FMIG) is to provide opportunities for the students at Stritch to learn more about the Family Medicine specialty. Through community service, mentoring programs, guest speakers, and physician panels, we hope to foster the interest in this field throughout the school.
- Panels - In the Fall semester, we co-host Primary Care Physician panel with other interest groups to talk about their career path and current lives. In the Spring semester, we host a Family Medicine Pathway panel for students to explore different career options within family medicine.
- Workshops - During the year, we host 1-2 clinical skills workshops. Some examples in the past: suturing workshop, auscultation workshop.
- Shadowing & Mentorship - For any member interested, we can connect the student with Family Medicine physicians at Loyola who are willing to serve as a mentor and/or have you shadow.
- Journal Clubs - Host 1-2 workshops lead by Family Medicine faculty across a wide range of topics relevant to the field.
- Conferences – We connect you with regional and national conferences that are great for exploring the field and networking with residency programs.
Sign-up for the FMIG listserv to get updates and access to our “Member Guide & Resource Document”: https://forms.gle/nqqdMvfsvbYchtnV6
American Academy of Family Physicians, it is free to join as a student member: https://www.aafp.org/home.html
- Illinois Academy of Family Physicians: https://www.iafp.com/
- Dr. Amy Buchanan – FMIG Advisor
- Dr. Camilla Larsen, Dr. Rebecca Maddrell – FM Specialty Advisors
President - Ryan Belloli, firstname.lastname@example.org
VP - Teresa Cheng, email@example.com
Secretary - Olivia Myers, Omyers2@luc.edu
Treasurer - Anne Marie Radzik, firstname.lastname@example.org
M3 Representative - Madhuri Jois, email@example.com
M4 Representative - Nora Martinez, firstname.lastname@example.org