Latino Medical Student Association
The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) unites and empowers medical students through service, mentorship, and education to advocate for the health of the Latinx community. LMSA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded to represent, support, educate, and unify Latinx medical students in the United States.
The LMSA Mission is the following:
- Unify all Latinx and Latinx-ally medical students for the purpose of advocating for Latinx community and healthcare rights.
- Bring to light and educate the medical community on Latinx health issues.
- Provide leadership opportunities for Latinx medical students.
- Provide a voice and outlet for underrepresented medical students.
- Actively promote recruitment and retention of Latinx students at all levels through community volunteerism and mentorship.
- Provide our members opportunities in advocacy, policy-analysis, social research, and lobbying for healthcare rights for all.
- Establish a well-rooted organization full of traditions that will carry on at Stritch throughout the years.
- Build a strong reputation of professionalism and participation at the medical school and in the community.
- LMSA National Organization: http://lmsa.net/
- Stritch LMSA instagram: @lmsa_stritch
- Stritch LMSA twitter: @StritchLMSA
- Mark Kuczewski