Mentoring is one of the most important and rewarding experiences of an academic scientist. I have discussed my views on mentoring both in writing and in oral presentations. Five of these are provided below:
• Presentation on Mentoring at the University of Massachusetts, May 2012: Mentoring: The challenge of looking at something familiar and seeing it in a new way
• An article published in the Association for Women in Science - Chicago, February 2010, about my mentoring activities.
• Address at Loyola University Chicago Graduate School Commencement, April 2004 Upon Receipt of Faculty Member of the Year Award.
• Excerpts from the AAI Presidential Address:"Doing it together: A Perspective on the Process of Experimental Science" (1997).
• Comments from Mentoring Symposium in April, 1994 given in a symposium organized by the Women's Committee of AAI at the annual meeting of AAI in 1994.