Congratulations to the entering Class of 2021! We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Below you will find links to important information regarding your pre-matriculation and orientation. It is important you review the information carefully, as you are responsible for all deadlines and requirements specified in the links below. If you have any questions, please use the contact information provided. Please check this website once a week, as information here will be updated as it comes in.
- Welcome Letter 2017
- Pre-Matriculation Checklist 2017 Updated 6/16/17
- New 6/16/17: Common readings for orientation have been finalized (see updated checklist above). Please read the following in preparation for orientation:
- Student Health Letter 2017
- "Fast Track" or waive out of through LOCUS by October 1st
- For questions, please contact Lorraine Fearon, APRN at email@example.com or call 708-216-2312
- Facebook Group
- Iggy's List
- Stritch's List
- Financial Aid
- VA Information
- The VA paperwork page has been updated as of June 6, 2017. Please review the information and fill out all of the paperwork. You will need to bring this paperwork with you on July 24th for orientation. You may be fingerprinted at your local VA facility before you arrive here for orientation. If you choose to do this, you will need the following codes for Hines VA: SOI: VAA7, SON: 1255, OPAC: 3600 1200. If you do not get fingerprinted ahead of time, you will need to see the Registrar on July 24th to set up an appointment to be fingerprinted at Hines VA.
PLEASE NOTE: Diagnostic equipment and stethoscope will be provided by the PCM-I course, and is already included in your tuition package. Therefore, there is no need to secure diagnostic equipment, i.e., stethoscope, otoscope, etc., before arriving at Stritch. Further information will be given during orientation week.
FITNESS CENTER INFORMATION:
- If you would like to be able to use the fitness center beginning June 1st, there's a new perk. See Fitness Center Early Bird Special for more info.
- Please fill out the Orientation Form for the Fitness Center if you would like access beginning July 24th. You will need to upload your completed Health History Questionnaire form to the orientation form. If you do not complete these forms by Thursday, July 20th, you will have to fill out paper forms during orientation week and will not be able to use the gym until Friday, July 28th.
STRITCH SNEAK PEEK! You will receive an email from Josh Hopps, PhD inviting you to check out a sneak peek of your first class at Stritch, Molecular Cell Biology & Genetics (MCBG). Stritch Sneak Peek is a prematriculation program designed to give you an idea of how lectures at Stritch are structured, a preview of the first week of biochem content, and how to access the high yield resources that are available to you. Feel free to go through the site at your convenience to help prepare for medical school by starting to think through how you approach studying. If you have any questions about this, please contact any of the staff in ACE: Josh Hopps (firstname.lastname@example.org), Vera Schalansky (email@example.com), or Tina Calcagno (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEW PCM SMALL GROUP OPPORTUNITY!
There is a new opportunity available to students in the class of 2021 for Patient Centered Medicine. The Access to Care (ATC) PCM group will focus on students who have Spanish language fluency and an interest in serving underserved populations. Please see the ATC Recruitment Letter for more information. The deadline for applying to this program is 5:00 pm central time on July 20th. Please send your ATC Application Questions and all supplemental materials to Dr. Matt Fitz at email@example.com if you are interested in applying for this opportunity.
- JUMP Retreat RSVP
- It's not too late to sign up for the 2017 JUMP (Jesuit University Ministry Preview) retreat. Over 50 first year students have signed up to join the Health Sciences Division (HSD) Ministry, and fellow students at the Loyola Retreat and Ecology Center (LUREC)!!. If you haven't done so already, take a moment to check out the google form and sign up for an opportunity to interact with both M2s and incoming students, engage in team building exercises on the challenge course, and learn more about what's in store for you as first year medical students. Are you excited? We definitely are! This year's retreat will be held at the LUREC from July 19, 2017 at 10:30 am until 5 pm on July 20th. Cost of attendance is $20, which covers meals and activities. The deadline to sign up is July 1st. Space is limited, so please sign up soon!
- For questions or additional information, please contact Ginny McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HSD Ministry office at 708-216-3245.
- Cubs/Sox Game
- The game takes place on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 at Guaranteed Rate Field at 7:10 pm.
- Buses will depart SSOM at 5:30 pm.
- Tickets are $20 and include the cost of the bus ride from SSOM.
- Tickets Can be purchased from Alia Poulos on Monday, July 24th in SSOM room 215. Cash only.
- Annual Day of Service RSVP
- Get to know our Maywood community first-hand and embrace our Ignatian value of being Women and Men for Others by participating in the annual Day of Service. The Day of Service is hosted by the Center for Community and Global Health and Health Sciences Division Ministry. You can register for the Day of Service through the Evite here. The Evite offers more details about the day, including partner sites, the schedule for the day, t-shirts, and the BBQ. We look forward to seeing you there, and most importantly, here at Stritch very soon!
- For questions or additional information, contact Lucia Garcia in CCGH at email@example.com or 708-216-6318 or Ginny McCarthy in HSD Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-216-3245.
Orientation week will occur July 24 - July 28, 2017. Please plan on being present at all events throughout the week as they are mandatory for all incoming medical students. M1 Orientation Schedule-FINAL
On the first day of orientation, you will be assigned to one of three communities, where you will have a mailbox and a locker. Please bring a combination or key lock with you for your locker.
For questions pertaining to Family Weekend and White Coat Ceremony, please contact the Office of Student Life at 708-216-5426.
- Family mass will take place on Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 9 am.
- The White Coat Ceremony on August 19, 2017 at 11 am. Students will be offered 2 tickets to the ceremony for guests. Up to 3 additional tickets may be requested during orientation week. Please note that requests for additional tickets may be granted for the ceremony in the SSOM atrium OR in an adjacent building on campus, where the ceremony will be broadcast live. White Coat RSVP Form
- There will be a Family Brunch following the White Coat Ceremony. Brunch will be from 1-3 pm at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook. Tickets are $20/person. Family Brunch RSVP Form