1. Elective Clerkships Recommended
- Any radiology elective at LUMC
- Internal Medicine Subspecialties: pulmonary, cardiology, hematology, oncology, GI
- Pediatric Subspecialties: cardiology, hematology, oncology, GI
- Emergency Medicine Subspecialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Surgical Subspecialties: trauma & critical care, general, vascular, transplant, colorectal, thoracic
- Gyne Onc
2. Sub-I Recommended
3. Narrative comments:
A Students seeking to enter the field of Diagnostic Radiology should acquire a solid and broad background in clinical disciplines including Emergency Medicine, Neurology, Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, and Obstetrics/Gynecology. A student should not register for more than two radiology elective months. One radiology elective should be at Loyola and, if possible, the other radiology elective should be at an outside institution where the student is interested in applying for residency.
Specialty Expert: Jennifer Lim-Dunham, M.D.