Visiting Student Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any questions about how to use VSAS, please consult the following resources:

Other Questions

Is housing available? 
Unfortunately, we do not have any housing facilities available for visiting students, as Loyola-Stritch is a commuter campus. Most visiting students who are from out of town sublet an apartment in Oak Park or Forest Park.

My school has different period/block dates from Loyola. Can I change the dates of my elective to match those at my home school?
Our period start and end dates apply to all students and are strictly enforced. It is not possible for us to accommodate requests for changes in these dates.

How can I find out if there is space available in a particular elective for a particular month? 
It is not feasible for us to provide an up-to-the-minute enrollment status for each elective. Please submit an application on VSAS, and we will review your application according to our timetable for elective registration.

Have I submitted everything I need to for my application? 
Please refer to our required documents on VSAS. If there is anything missing from your application, one of the individuals in our office will contact you via email.

How can I find out more information about the specifics of a particular elective? 
You will find some information in the course catalog listing for the elective. The best resource for more information about the elective is the departmental elective coordinator, who is listed at the top of each course entry.

I am a medical student from a non-U.S. school. Can I take an elective at Loyola? 
We accept applications from international students through the AAMC's VSLO service. To see our full international visiting student policies and instructions, please click here.