Classroom and Lecture Hall A/V Assistance
First time in a particular classroom or lecture hall? Contact us to schedule an on-site training session.
- The Center for Translational Research and Education (CTRE) building features a 250-seat auditorium, classrooms, and smaller meeting rooms which are all equipped with state-of-the-art digital audio-visual systems.
- All MNSON classrooms have a computer, projector, and sound system.
- In SSOM/Cuneo Center, all classrooms have a computer and projector. Larger classrooms (150, 160, 170, 360, and 460) and lecture halls (190 and 390) have built-in sound systems. The lecture halls and case method rooms also have an automatic recording system which records the PC and microphone inputs in 30 minute segments. All recordings are then able to be streamed from the LUMEN website.
- Standard HSD classroom software: MS Office 2016, Zoom web conferencing, Skype, Panopto, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, VLC, and Epic.
- Panopto: Lecture capture software which records screen content plus audio and/or video of the instructor. It is available in all HSD classrooms with PCs.
- Mirroring of personal devices to TV screens in CTRE seminar and conference rooms is possible via Apple TV. All HSD rooms have a VGA, and HDMI in select rooms, connection. Mac users can either connect via AirPlay (when there is an Apple TV installed in the room) or with their own VGA or HDMI adapter. Users are responsible for loading their presentations onto the computer.
Do not load presentations in advance – computers are reset after logging off and loaded files will be erased!