James Sinacore, Ph.D. received a Ph.D. in Applied Social Psychology in 1989 from Loyola University Chicago. His concentration was in health psychology, statistical analysis, program evaluation, and survey research design. Prior to his coming to the Stritch School of Medicine, Dr. Sinacore was director of the Outcomes Research Program at Children’s Memorial Hospital. Before that, he was director of research in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Illinois, Chicago and co-director of the Biostatistical and Data Management Core of the NIH funded Multipurpose Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases Center of the Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University.
He came to Loyola’s Department of Preventive Medicine & Epidemiology in October of 2003 and joined the faculty as associate professor. Since then, he has been a senior member of the Biostatistical Core which serves investigators across the medical center campus.
Dr. Sinacore’s main research interests include domestic violence screening, the visual display of quantitative information, the reliability and validity of measurement instruments, multiple regression and correlation analysis, and classification and regression trees (CART). The domestic violence screening tool that he developed with colleagues has recently been made into a downloadable app for smart phones to make it easier to detect problems with interpersonal violence.
Dr. Sinacore teaches graduate level biostatistics courses for students in the basic biomedical sciences, those in the Public Health and Clinical Research Methods programs, and students in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program. He also teaches an undergraduate statistics course for the RN to BSN program in the School of Nursing.
Phone: (708) 327-9127
- Chiha M, Myers LE, Ball CA, Sinacore JM, Camacho PM. (2013) Long-term follow-up of patients on drug holiday from bisphosphonates: real-world setting. Endocr Pract. 19(6):989-94.
- Leggett JM, Wasson K, Sinacore JM, Gamelli RL. J Burn Care Res. (2013) A pilot study examining moral distress in nurses working in one United States burn center.34(5):521-8.
- Liebermann M, Awad M, Dejong M, Rivard C, Sinacore J, Brubaker L. (2013) Ambulation of hospitalized gynecologic surgical patients: a randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol. 121(3):533-7.
- Glaser S, Warfel B, Price J, Sinacore J, Albuquerque K. (2012). Effectiveness of virtual reality simulation software in radiotherapy treatment planning involving non-coplanar beams with partial breast irradiation as a model. Technol Cancer Res Treat. Oct;11(5):409-14.
- Galloway, S., Chimhanda, M., Sloan, J., Anderson, C., Sinacore, J., & Brubaker, L. (2011). Pain Scores are not Predictive of Pain Medication Utilization. Pain Research and Treatment. Article ID 987468, 5 pages.
- Slagle, E., Sinacore, J.M., & Brubaker, L. (2011). Conflict of Interest Disclosure in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 118(5):1108-10
- Anderson, C., Chimhanda, M., Sloan, J., Galloway, S., Sinacore, J., & Brubaker, L. (2011). Phenazopyridine does not improve catheter discomfort following gynecologic surgery. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 204, 267 e1-3.
- Feltman D M, Weiss M G, Nicoski, P, Sinacore, J. (2011). Rocuronium for nonemergent intubation of term and preterm infants. Journal of Perinatology, 31, 38-43.
- Vali FS, Nagda S, Hall W, Sinacore, J., Gao M, Lee SH, Hong R, Shoup M, Emami B. (2010). Comparison of standardized uptake value-based positron emission tomography and computed tomography target volumes in esophageal cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, & Physics, 78, 1057-1063.
- Davis C.S., Shankaran, V., Kovacs, E.J., Gagermeier, J., Dilling, D., Alex, C.G., Love, R.B., Sinacore J., Fisichella, P.M. (2010). Gastroesophageal reflux disease after lung transplantation: pathophysiology and implications for treatment. Surgery, 148, 737- 744.
- Elisofon, S.A., Emerick, K.M., Sinacore, J.M., Alonso, E.M. (2010). Health Status of Patients With Alagille Syndrome. Journal of Pediatrics and Gastroenterology Nutrition, 51, 759 - 765.
- Albuquerque, K., Giangreco, D., Morrison, C., Siddiqui, M., Sinacore, J., Potkul, R, Roeske, J. (2011). Radiation-Related Predictors of Hematologic Toxicity After Concurrent Chemoradiation for Cervical Cancer and Implications for Bone Marrow-Sparing Pelvic IMRT. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, & Physics, 79, 1043-1047.
- Shakil, A., Smith, D., Sinacore, J.M., & Krepcho, M. (2005). Validation of the HITS domestic violence screening tool with males. Family Medicine, 37, 193-198.
- Sherin, K.M., Sinacore, J.M., Li, X-Q., Zitter, R.E., & Shakil, A. (1998). HITS: A short domestic violence screening tool for use in a family practice setting. Family Medicine, 30, 508-512.