How do I apply for financial aid at Loyola University Chicago? 
To apply for financial aid at Loyola, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is year-specific, so you must reapply every year.

What is Loyola’s school code for the FAFSA?
Loyola University Chicago’s school code is 001710. Be sure to list this code on your FAFSA so that Loyola University Chicago SSOM can receive your FAFSA information.

What are the deadlines for submitting the FAFSA?
The earliest you can begin to complete your FAFSA is January 1st of the upcoming year. To be considered for all resources available, we encourage you to submit your FAFSA before March 2nd. 

When I complete the FAFSA, what types of aid can I receive?
When you complete the FAFSA, you are automatically considered for need-based programs. You are also considered for Federal Stafford Loans and Institutional Funding.

What if my parents' taxes are not completed by the March 2 priority application date? (Incoming students only)
You may use estimated or the prior year’s tax information to file the FAFSA. However, you must correct the FAFSA to include completed federal income tax information as soon as it is available. When completing the FAFSA with estimated information, be sure that the estimates closely match your actual data. If not, your financial aid package could change when the information is updated.

Who should I contact if I need assistance completing my FAFSA?
If you have questions about completing the FAFSA, feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office.

What should I do if I forget to sign the FAFSA, or if I need to make a correction to an already submitted FAFSA?
If you forget to sign the FAFSA or need to make corrections, visit www.fafsa.ed.gov and choose the appropriate option under “Step 3: FAFSA Follow-Up”.

I am getting married during the school year. Should I indicate my marital status as "married"?
You are required to complete the FAFSA using your marital status at the time of application. If you are unmarried now, you must indicate "single" as your marital status. Marital status cannot be updated to married until you file the FAFSA for the next academic year.

My parent refuses to complete the FAFSA with his financial information. What should I do?
Only incoming medical students are urged to submit their parents’ information on the FAFSA in order to be considered fully for institutional funding. However, parents are not obligated to pay for your educational costs by providing personal information. If your parents refuse to complete the FAFSA, you will not be considered for institutional funding for your first year of medical school.   

My parents are divorced. I live with my mother, but my father claims me on his tax return. How do I apply for aid? (Incoming students only)
Complete the FAFSA with yours and your mother's information. Only the custodial parent (parent with whom the child lives or last lived) is required to supply financial information for the FAFSA.

My parents are divorced. My mother is remarried and my step-father has not legally adopted me. Is my step-father required to supply his financial information on the FAFSA? (Incoming students only)
Yes. Your mother and stepfather are both required to supply financial information when you complete the FAFSA, as all resources in the household must be considered.

My family has extraordinary circumstances (loss of job/working income, excessive medical bills, etc.) that I do not think are revealed through the FAFSA. How can I relay this information to you? (Incoming students only)
If your family has experienced a change in your financial situation (loss of employment, excessive medical bills, death of a parent, etc.), you may complete a Special Circumstance Appeal to request a reevaluation of your financial aid eligibility.  Make sure to provide us with copies of all relevant documentation of the situation and its impact on your family’s finances.