The For the PhD degree, all applications are submitted to the Integrated Program in Biomedical Sciences PhD, and programs are chosen by the end of the first year.
Master of Science applicant must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) and have the scores reported to Loyola University Chicago. It is recommended that applicants also take the Subject Exam in Cell and Molecular Biology but this is not a requirement. International applicants must possess a degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree For the PhD degree, all applications are submitted to the Integrated Program in Biomedical Sciences PhD, and programs are chosen by the end of the first year in the program. as granted in the United States. Foreign applicants must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have scores reported to Loyola University Chicago.
Applicants for the Neuroscience MS may apply online with no application fee. Early submission is encouraged as the first round of applications are evaluated in early December. Evaluations are made on entire, complete application packet. We operate on a rolling admissions process, and will continue reviewing applications until we have enrolled a full cohort for the academic year. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as your have gathered the necessary materials.
Domestic applicants are required to submit the following documents for admission:
- A completed admission application
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Official GRE scores from the General Exam taken within the past four years. OR official MCAT scores taken within the past four years.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
For international applicants, the following documents are required in addition to those listed above:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- A Declaration and Certification of Finances Form (This is required for MS applicants only)
- Evaluations of international transcripts by an outside credentialing service. Go to www.ece.org for information about this service and to download an application.
All application documents should be sent to:
Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
A personal interview is required for admission. For international applicants an interview by telephone or video conference must be arranged.
To request more information about the Neuroscience Graduate Program admission and application process, please complete our online request form.
Other informational websites:
Contact our Student Program Recruiter: