The applicant must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical examination, and have the scores reported to Loyola University Chicago. It is recommended that applicants also take the Subject Exam in Cell and Molecular Biology but this is not a requirement. International applicants must possess a degree equivalent to a Bachelor's degree as granted in the United States. Foreign applicants must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have scores reported to Loyola University Chicago.
Applicants for the Integrative Cell Biology MS or PhD program may apply online with no application fee. Early submission is encouraged as the first round of applications are evaluated in early December. Evaluations are made on entire, complete application packet.
IPBS PhD application deadline: February 15th.
Domestic applicants are required to submit the following documents for admission:
- A completed admission application
- One set of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Official GRE scores from the General Exam taken within the past four years
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
For international applicants, the following documents are required in addition to those listed above:
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- A Declaration and Certification of Finances Form (This is required for MS applicants only)
- Evaluations of international transcripts by an outside credentialing service. Go to www.ece.org for information about this service and to download an application.
All application documents should be sent to:
Graduate and Professional Enrollment Management
Loyola University Chicago
820 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60611
A personal interview is required for admission into the PhD program. For international applicants an interview by telephone or video conference must be arranged.
For more information:
Fill out a request: REQUEST INFORMATION.
Be sure to identify your interest by choosing the Biomedical Sciences category and selecting Integrative Cell Biology.
Contact our Student Program Recruiter with any questions:
Karla Navarro-Vega | firstname.lastname@example.org | (708)216-3531